How to get music (podcasts, Spotify) to show up on lock screen?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Audio apps (Spotify, Amazon Music, Podcasts, and everything else) will show when you have an podcast or music playing. If you have nothing actively playing, you can access the last audio application you use by swiping up and using the Music widget (should show up on top right unless you've re-arranged)

OP
L
Reaction score
Audio apps (Spotify, Amazon Music, Podcasts, and everything else) will show when you have an podcast or music playing. If you have nothing actively playing, you can access the last audio application you use by swiping up and using the Music widget (should show up on top right unless you've re-arranged)

I wish this was true, but since the last IOS update whats playing no longer shows up on the lock screen, only sporadically, but most of the time it doesn't, and the widget in the control center does nothing.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm running iOS 11.0 and I use the podcast app a lot and when I'm listening to a podcast, it is visible on the lock screen. If I manually pause the podcast or it finishes, the app is no longer visible. I haven't updated to iOS 10.0.1 yet where this issue might be present.

OP
L
Reaction score
I'm running iOS 11.0 and I use the podcast app a lot and when I'm listening to a podcast, it is visible on the lock screen. If I manually pause the podcast or it finishes, the app is no longer visible. I haven't updated to iOS 10.0.1 yet where this issue might be present.

I'm using 11.0.3 on an Iphone 6, I'm thinking this is a bug.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm using 11.0.3 on an Iphone 6, I'm thinking this is a bug.

Let me update my iPhone 6S and report back since I know what I've been seeing with iOS 11.0

Update: Everything works on 11.0.3 as it worked with 11. When playing the Podcast, the app is visible on the lock screen and I can pause and play. If I kill the podcast app, it disappears from the lock screen, but I can swipe up to get the control panel and then hit Play (when nothing is visible) in the music widget and since Podcasts was the last app I used, it continued the podcast where it left off and now the app was visible on the lock screen again.

Last edited:
OP
L
Reaction score
Let me update my iPhone 6S and report back since I know what I've been seeing with iOS 11.0

Update: Everything works on 11.0.3 as it worked with 11. When playing the Podcast, the app is visible on the lock screen and I can pause and play. If I kill the podcast app, it disappears from the lock screen, but I can swipe up to get the control panel and then hit Play (when nothing is visible) in the music widget and since Podcasts was the last app I used, it continued the podcast where it left off and now the app was visible on the lock screen again.

Weird I dont know why mine isnt working like this. Do you have Spotify, is it working as well?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Weird I dont know why mine isnt working like this. Do you have Spotify, is it working as well?

I have Spotify, Amazon Music and Pandora. I will try these apps and report back.

OP
L
Reaction score
Update! It works but only intermittently, so far the past couple of days I haven't had to do a reset, hopefully this will be fixed on the next update.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.