Macintosh classic. The clock doesn't gain time just stays at the time you set it at.

Reaction score
Hello old newbie here.
I have a Macintosh classic and the clock just refuses to work, it just stays at the time you set it at.
I have tried a pram reboot reset multiple times which resets the clock but not the wallpaper?? , removed the (new) Logic board battery for 24 hrs in an effort to wipe the memory. I even lifted the chip out and reseated it in case it was a bad connection.

Thanks in advance for the advice.
Cheers.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Welcome to our forums.

First.. we moved your post to the correct forum.

We assume you tried a new PRAM battery? Maybe someone who has knowledge of your "dinosaur", will chime in to give some advice on what to do. In the meantime, you might try doing some googling hoping you can find a solution.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
New PRAM battery would be my guess as well.

- Nick

Reaction score
, removed the (new) Logic board battery for 24 hrs in an effort to wipe the memory. I even lifted the chip out and reseated it in case it was a bad connection.

Don't think it's the battery. (bold mine) Didn't those things use crystal oscillators for chip timing? Maybe it's dead.

OP
Y
Reaction score
Hi
The first thing I replaced was the battery, i'll give google a workout with the crystal oscillator theory.

Cheers

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Sorry about that...missed the detail about trying a new battery.

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.