Do I need installing Antivirus for BootCamp Partition?

Reaction score
I am running BootCamp on my Mac. I have also installed antivirus on my windows partition. I would like to know if I should also install antivirus for Mac partition as well or should I continue with the same? Does it scan the Mac partition? How do I prevent any malware from the Windows partition affecting my macOS partition?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The Windows AV program will not scan your macOS partition nor is it necessary since there are no viruses in the wild that can infect your Mac. Any malware or virus that should somehow infect your Windows 10 partition will not infect or impact any way your macOS partition. We do advise you to run a malware scanning program on your Mac since there is malware that can cause trouble. We recommend Malwarebytes Anti-Malware app. You can do a google search for it and download.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Yes.

Run a reliable AV program on the Windows section only.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.