Safari -- how not to display bookmarks/history suggestions in search bar.

Reaction score
There has to be a way to do this -- how do I prevent Safari from displaying the bookmark/history suggestions when entering an address in the search bar?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Clear your history..otherwise the WHOLE purpose of that is to show you where you've been so that you can go back again quickly..

OP
S
Reaction score
I understand that-- I just thought there might be a way not to show it in the search bar, that's all, without clearing the history.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Not really, it's more of a convenience..I'd imagine the number of people who'd complain for losing that feature would be greater than those annoyed by having a list of every site they've visited readily available through partial word searches..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
If you go into Safari Preferences, look in the Search page, and uncheck every option. Is this what you are looking for?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.