iTunes Question

Reaction score
Hey there

I recently got a new iPhone. I did a backup and nicely much of what was on my old phone is now on my new phone.

The one thing that did not transfer was my Music(which I have a lot of)

I can be very particular about my music....Ok Anal and I have appreciated for many years now Apple's ability to let me have and listen to music the way I want. At this time I have decided to forgo Apple Music....just a personal decision

Previously I had easily been able to transfer things to and from my iPhone with a series of drop and drags through iTunes. With a more recent update I find it now a bit more cumbersome. Where I have to select the music and than say "Add to Device" I also cannot remove music from the device through my computer....only be deleting it on my phone.....OK I can live with these workarounds.

However the PLaylists(which I have created many over the years) Do not seem to be able to go on my phone. I can no longer drag them, and the work around of "adding to device" does not work for Playlists.

When I first got my phone I spent a good 3 days transferring al the music I wanted on it manually. (using the add to device feature)

After doing some Web Searches it seems what might have helped was when clicked on "music" in the Phone feature I should have selected "Sync Music--Selected playlists,artists, albums and genres"

So Ok I can do that now, but it now wants to remove all the music that is currently on my phone.

So to make a long story short, is there currently a way of adding playlists to my phone without having to than re-add all of my music.

(I imagine the solutions would either be a) a work around for adding playlists I am not aware of or b) a way to select the "selected playlists...." feature and not remove all the music on my phone.)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You might want to take a look at iMazing 2 to see if it will move the playlists for you without syncing everything causing the loss of music already on your iPhone. I use iMazing for backups and for moving items back and forth across my iDevices and Mac. I believe they offer a trial version. iMazing 2

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
You might want to take a look at iMazing 2 to see if it will move the playlists for you without syncing everything causing the loss of music already on your iPhone.

+1.

I used it (Mazing) just yesterday and today with my wife's "new" replacement iPhone and things and her playlists are all intact and working.

- Patrick
======

Reaction score
Digging up a little bit more, I realized that everything that came from my iphone SE and my spouse's iPhone 5S are uploaded through browser and www.icloud.com. But some of the photos coming from other devices, are not uploaded. It must be something with the metadata.

On the other hand, I cleared the cache of icloud on Windows and started fresh. Logged in and tried to upload those photos that I successfully uploaded later through icloud.com, through icloud on windows. It again didn't upload a single photo.

I don't know if that helps. I love having my photos readily available in my phone, but these issues make it really ireliable and frustrating. I have spent a month working with my photos already.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.