Is my battery in trouble?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod, Macbook Pro
Hey I just got the mew macbook pro and i left it pluged in all day. Could this hurt the battery by maybe overcharging or does it stop charging when it's full?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook: 2GHz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HD; PowerTower Pro (300MHz G3 clone): 608MB RAM, 10GB HD
toucanpete said:
Hey I just got the mew macbook pro and i left it pluged in all day. Could this hurt the battery by maybe overcharging or does it stop charging when it's full?
your battery will be fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 OSX Tiger
i've left my ibook plugged in for the better part of 9 months and the battery is in excellent condition

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
i usually leave my powerbook with battery plugged in all day, still gets 2.5-3.5 hours of life depending on what i am doing, oh, and it is 3 years old.

i believe a detailed description of how you should maintain your battery is in the first few pages of your owners manual

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 12" G4, 30 GB, 768 MB RAM. iPod 5G 30GB.
It's okay to leave it plugged it, the power will be directed directly to the computer without directly hurting the battery. But to keep the battery in good health, drain it at least once a month.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.