Hello! Yet another person whos switched to mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Core duo 2 ghz, 1 gb ram, 256 Mb gfx, 500Gb storage, OSX 10.4.6 and XP sp2
Im like many others, due to the release of boot camp, I finally decided to get a mac as my only worry of software compatibility is gone! Anyway here is what I bought!

20" iMac core duo 2ghz
gig ram
250 gig hard drive (have another 250 gig external hooked up too)
256 meg X1600 gfx

I must say, its blindingly fast! My friends running windows pc's mocked me for buying a mac, but I must say they have shut up after seeing some benchmarks from the iMac running windows. **** i even have oblivion on there running better than there "gaming" pc's can pull off, which really impressed me!
Saying that, windows now only gets used for games and one or two aps, OSX is better than I ever imagined, I thought i'd end up using each os equally, but ive barely touched my windows partition, heh.

I do have one question though, regarding Azureus, the bit torrent client. It is Universal, but when I try to run it, the frog icon bounces in the dock, then disapears, and the program doesnt open. Anyone got any idea how to fix this, as its bugging me a lot!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
i have never used it but if you can reinstall the program.

ctm

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Core duo 2 ghz, 1 gb ram, 256 Mb gfx, 500Gb storage, OSX 10.4.6 and XP sp2
christm said:
i have never used it but if you can reinstall the program.

ctm

I have tried that, tried a previous version too, but I still ahve the problem :(

M

MJGUK

Welcome to the Forums and congratulations on your new Mac!

The iMac Core Duo is a mighty fine machine :)

Reaction score
The Azureus plist (the application's preferences — or properties) file may be corrupted, and the original might be staying put. Trashing it might cure the problem; a new one will be created as soon the application starts.

The plist could be in one of two places — or maybe even in both (Adobe has plists in each location).

Make sure Azureus is not running, and open your user-name/library/preferences folder. Trash the Azureus plist if there's one there.

Then do the same with volume/library/preferences folder. Restart Azureus and see what happens.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.