iMac Maverick Notes not Syncing to iCloud

Reaction score
I have several Mac's running different OS's, Maverick, El Capitan, Sierra. I use Maverick iMac mostly all the time for a lot of reasons.

Maverick and iCloud will no longer sync my notes to each other, and I have a lot of them. Mac Sierra notes sync.

I have done everything by going through Apple's difficult process of recreating iCloud on the iMac Maverick.
All those codes, passwords, verifications. What a mess Apple has made of with their OS's.

Still no syncing. So I did a test and created Mac Sierra Notes and they appeared on iCloud, but iCloud did not put those notes on Maverick.

What is going here.

Comments

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
What's going on is that in order to sync notes via iCloud you need to be running macOS 10.11 (El Capitan) or higher which is why it works with Sierra.

It would be a good idea to read through the requirements for devices and various features for the use of iCloud. The Apple KB article explains it here.

What a mess Apple has made of with their OS's.

Stay up to date so that you can avoid running into situations like you're having with Notes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
The Apple KB article explains it here.

Thanks for that link chscag, https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204230
nice and concise and finally seemingly complete at last and I hadn't see it before.

Especially helpful is the section on:
Minimum system requirements by feature

- Patrick
======

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.