Screen Cleaner

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20 inch iMac Core Duo
What should I use to clean the screen of my iMac?

L

lil

A good sturdy wirebrush and sandblaster usually does the trick...

SANDBLASTER.jpg

12589%20draper.jpg

...only kidding :flower: I use the iKlear stuff, works really well for both the screen and casing.

Vicky

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I use Windex or just a damp towel.

C

caveatipss

playm0de said:

I usually get an industria;l water blaster and spray boiling bleach onto it. It is a bit rough on the screen, but it sure cleans it!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" 2.0GHz Intel Core Duo iMac, 1.5 GHZ PPC Mac Mini, MacBook MB403LL/A
playm0de said:

I recommend "Clean Dr." screen cleaning fluid. Available in a package with 9 oz bottle of cleaner, and a lint free/soft cloth for $14.95 at CompUSA. The key is that it contains no alcohol and no ammonia, both of which are generally considered no-nos on LCD/notebook screens. It works very well for me.

Mark

L

Left Face Down

I use a Microfiber cloth to clean the screens of all my computers/monitors plus just about anything I don't want scratched (my guitars). They're great, and I believe you can get 2 for like $7 at wal-mart or other stores. I can't remember the price, I believe it was $7, because I bought mine like 2 or 3 years ago and have used it since.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
Left Face Down said:
I use a Microfiber cloth to clean the screens of all my computers/monitors plus just about anything I don't want scratched (my guitars). They're great, and I believe you can get 2 for like $7 at wal-mart or other stores. I can't remember the price, I believe it was $7, because I bought mine like 2 or 3 years ago and have used it since.

You can get these cloths even cheaper when you look in the eyeglass cleaner section.

The guy at the Apple Store told me to use a mixture of dishwashing liquid diluted with water. I've done it and it's great.

As I've said here before, the iKlear stuff leaves my screens all streaked.

Good luck!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.