TP-Link USB Printer controller problems

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac -Monterey-12.6.7 27"Retina 5K, Late 2015, 3.2 GHz, i5, 8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3, 250 GB SSD
I use this app to connect to my printer and my wife does also.

This app unfortunately stops me from shutting down my computer frequently, sometimes to the point where I have to use the button to shut it down.

I went to the TP site and got no useful answers. Anyone have any suggestions?

My printer is a HP Officejet Pro 8600

M

MacInWin

Why are you using it? I have the HP 8600, just use the built-in drivers and macOS software to connect. Works great. What does the TP software do for you that the defaults don't?

OP
flyboyy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac -Monterey-12.6.7 27"Retina 5K, Late 2015, 3.2 GHz, i5, 8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3, 250 GB SSD
Thanks MacInWin,
Sorry I am slow responding I have not been getting notices of replies, but I changed my prefs to get them now.

I am using TP-Link because my wife and I share the printer and we do not use wifi, so we both connect to the printer via USB/modem. Are you aware of a better way?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
I am using TP-Link because my wife and I share the printer and we do not use wifi, so we both connect to the printer via USB/modem. Are you aware of a better way?

Do you have any sort of a wired local network set up and if so, you could connect the printer to one computer and then use the "printer sharing" setup, but as Jake mentioned, his method is much better and the "better way" and each computer can work on their own to access to printer.

And any valid reason for your aversion to and not using wi-fi???

- Patrick
======

OP
flyboyy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks pm-r,

wifi gives me a headache and that degrades into a seriously sleepy and grouchy state. Cellphones do the same thing to me.

After posting this thread and seeing the replies, I finally managed to spend the time to seriously look at my setup and figured out what the problem was. I noticed what the mass of wires around the router printer were doing and figured out a way to hook up them properly. Now the crashing the shutdown has stopped.

Thanks for the help in assessing my situation pm-r and MacInWin .

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
wifi gives me a headache and that degrades into a seriously sleepy and grouchy state. Cellphones do the same thing to me.

Wow!!! Where in Canada do you live and maybe that's part of your trouble and just curious, but do you wear a tin or metal hat/cap to protect yourself from all the other wi-fi waves??

But it's good to read that, at least it sounds like, you got the crashing problem sorted out.

BTW: If they could help, maybe have a look onto these type products:
- RF blocking Hat
- RF protection Jacket etc
http://www.norad4u.com/emr-protection/rf-protection

IMG_1273s.jpg IMG_2647s.jpg

- Patrick
======

Last edited:
OP
flyboyy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hi Patrick,

I live about 190 km from you in Courtenay.

Wearing any metal acts as an antenna, increasing the effect, according to some electrical PPL I have listened to. The only real solution would be ridiculous which would be a Faraday cage.

wifi is a transmitter and all transmitters put out rf or whatever you want to call emf etc. A microwave oven does the same thing... causing moisture to react by heating up and cooking. It is one thing to cook food, but when I get near any sort of... especially older wifi transmitters and cellphones, the RF does a job on me. Essentially the heat produced starts breaking down tissue and thus the headache. I speculate that most PPL just don't realize what is happening and just attribute it to a bad hair day.

My speculation is that after approximately 17,000 hours as a pro pilot in a high level IFR environment wearing a noise cancelling headset, I have been somehow sensitized.

One of the first things any pro pilot learns is that it is bad karma to leave the radar transmitter on when on the ground. The newer aircraft generally have a squat switch in the landing gear to automatically de-energize the radar to ensure this. We had it in our 'Runway pre-takeoff checklist' and 'pre-landing CL'.

The reason for this is that during WW2 when radar was first used, the ground crews who guided aircraft in for parking, noticed that when they were in front of or close to the radar transmitter, they felt a lot of heat, especially in the groin or soft tissue areas like the brain, eyes etc. Essentially the concern of becoming sterile was real, as their testicles would cook. This to me is at very minimum, a partial explanation of why sperm counts and testosterone levels in men has plummeted in recent years, because guys putting cellphones in the pant pockets. Believe me, you (male or female as women also have testosterone and need it for their health, mental and physical) do not want your testosterone levels to go down. It is devastating to both women and men.

http://time.com/4871540/infertility-men-sperm-count/
https://uk.reuters.com/article/heal...clined-in-last-20-years-idUKKIM16976320061031

Also women have gotten cancer in their breasts when they got into the habit of stuffing their cellphones in their bra. The breasts are made of very soft tissue, which of course is easily damaged by RF. There is also cases of PPL like real estate PPL who use cellphones constantly, developing brain tumors around their ears/brain tissue.

https://www.quora.com/Why-is-so-dan...-on-the-Airbone-Weather-Radar-while-on-ground
https://www.timesofisrael.com/put-away-that-cellphone-israeli-study-highlights-cancer-risk/
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4922278/

There is a book called Dirty Electricity by epidemiologist Dr Sam Milham that describes some cases of schools being afflicted by cell towers and in some countries they are not allowed to be anywhere near schools because children's bodies (and the elderly and women) have much more delicate tissue than adults.

https://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2017/05/28/dirty-electricity.aspx

This is real and well known and documented. The certification for instance for cellphones included using a skull of a US Marine to measure the RF/heating of the brain from cellphones. Since US Marines (or at least all of the ones I have seen) tend to be typically 6 foot plus and very strong and well developed physically their skulls * will tend to be thicker and so thus less effect. This is a problem because small children and women whose skulls are substantially thinner allow substantially more RF to heat up the brain causing damage.

Take a look in you iPhone handbook at the warning that says the cellphone should be a minimum of (I believe) 5/8 of an inch from your ear. How many PPL actually know that or have a clue why???

* I read the report of an anthropologist who was describing an ancient battlefield where one of the armies' men shaved their heads. The anthropologist could tell which army the skull that was unearthed belong to, because the ones that shaved their heads had thicker skulls, because when you shave your head the sun causes more vitamin D to be produced and thus more bone is created locally and thus a thicker skulls. US Marines are required to remove most of their hair and thus have thicker skulls.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3356951/

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I live about 190 km from you in Courtenay.

That's a nice area up there and I hope the air force base has their radar aimed skyward, and that's almost more info than I need even though I seldom use my old Samsung flip-phone.

This is real and well known and documented. The certification for instance for cellphones included using a skull of a US Marine to measure the RF/heating of the brain from cellphones. Since US Marines (or at least all of the ones I have seen) tend to be typically 6 foot plus and very strong and well developed physically their skulls * will tend to be thicker and so thus less effect.

Is this where or why the various expressions of being a real "thick-scull" came from I wonder…??? :Mischievous:

- Patrick
======

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Is this where or why the various expressions of being a real "thick-scull" came from I wonder…???

Nope. We commonly refer to them as "Jar Heads". LOL

Semper Fi!

(Semper fidelis is a Latin phrase that means "always)

A US Marine and Latin lesson for you Patrick. :)

OP
flyboyy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Patrick,
The radar is on a hill far away, so not an issue and I agree it is a nice area. We drove to Victoria once a few months ago. Also a nice area.

I used to fly out of CYYT or Torbay Newfoundland years ago and where we got fuel was where a lot of military got gas before taking off across the pond or returning, so I have seem a lot of troops go through and I gotta say they were very high quality PPL. Very nice, friendly and well spoken. (SF always faithful or loyal)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
A US Marine and Latin lesson for you Patrick.

Thanks Charlie, and actually I've forgotten most of the Latin I had to take in grade 5 and again in grade 8 & 9 at private school but there's still some parts lingering at the back of this old brain.

- Patrick
======

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.