Calendar...what happened

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini: OSX 10.15.6 Catalina, 8GB Ram, Samsung Series 5 SC570 monitor, Seagate external drive.
All my notations on the Calendar are gone...only the legal holidays appear. Tried shutting down and restart to no avail. Any suggestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
All my notations on the Calendar are gone..

Are the other various calendars you have, selected and checked to be active in the list as per this screen shot:

Screen Shot 2017-09-18 at 4.00.17 PM.png

- Patrick
======

OP
Backlighting
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini: OSX 10.15.6 Catalina, 8GB Ram, Samsung Series 5 SC570 monitor, Seagate external drive.
Are the other various calendars you have, selected and checked to be active in the list as per this screen shot:

View attachment 27157

- Patrick
======

Hello Patrick. Your reply is much appreciated...thank you.
Here's my current screen. I was tinkering with ICLOUD since I don't use it and wanted to turn it off. I unchecked some boxes.
It's the memos I typed on the calendar's monthly pages that no longer appear.
How do I get back to its original configuration?
Do you think the memos are lost?
Screen Shot 2017-09-18 at 6.29.41 PM.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
I suggest you turn iCloud back on. iCloud coordinates and backs up your calendar especially between your phone and other devices. Give it a try and see if all your memos reappear.

BTW: I have learned if it ain't broke don't fix it. I messed with iCloud and turned it off once thinking I was not using and found my iphone calendar would not update to my mac and vice versa. Changed it back and all appeared.

Lisa

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Here's my current screen. I was tinkering with ICLOUD since I don't use it and wanted to turn it off.

Check your System Preferences > iCloud and make sure the ones you want are selected and checked. Also check your Calendar.app Preferences for your Account and if it/they are Enabled. There is no sign of any iCloud stuff in your screen shot so if there is/was any data there, it won't be visible until it's selected as an option.

If any of the missing notes were added to any Birthdays, your Birthdays list isn't even checked so none or any birthday attached notes will show.

- Patrick
======

OP
Backlighting
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ICLOUD now turned on and System Preferences>Calendar enabled.
Thanks much Lisa & Patrick. It's because of people like you that I frequent this site.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Give them a thumbs up then.

Ian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Give them a thumbs up then.

Ian

Gee, golly gosh Thanks Ian. :Cool:

I'll have to admit that Apple's involvement with my Calendar and dates etc. along with their iCloud thing, that I didn't and don't really need, had me confused and wondering where the H*ll some data disappeared to until I sort of figured it all out. Or most of it.

I think Lisa seems to have done the same thing, so I don't feel too stupid and it's nice to have company. ;)

- Patrick
======

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I've never had a problem with my Calendar Patrick. It sits nicely on a shelf above my exec desk and our local speciality super market gives me a new one every year. I do have to flip the page every 30 days or so. ;P

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
@chscag
I've never had a problem with my Calendar Patrick. It sits nicely on a shelf above my exec desk and our local speciality super market gives me a new one every year. I do have to flip the page every 30 days or so. ;P

Actually Charlie, my wife has one of those on her desk right next to mine that I can glance at as well as one on the wall above my desk that has nice large landscape photos with squares one can write important stuff in. Works very well as you say and the price is sure right.

- Patrick
======

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.