Case for iPhone SE

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacsOSX13.6.4;10.13.6;iPhone SE2 17.3.1;SE1 15.8;iPadMini15.8;iPadAir 2 15.8
I need a robust slim case that will protect body and screen. I have an in car holder so a leather case would not be suitable. Current case is soft but too thick to allow jack plug to home in.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Current case is soft but too thick to allow jack plug to home in.

Cut and make the jack plug larger so the plug will fit.

Or get a different case and/or change your car holder.

Just a few simple suggestions for a solution I'd say.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Get on Amazon and do some shopping. There are myriads of cases for all size iPhones. No need to spend a bunch of ££ for a case especially one for a 4" phone that fits nicely in your pocket. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Get on Amazon and do some shopping.

I've been finding amazon's prices have been quite out of line recently but found some really good buys at ebay.com or for one's local country site and especially aliexpress.com, both worth checking out.

Lot's of good solid cases for well under $20.00, including some rather inventive idea ones.

- Patrick
======

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The iPhone SE is the same size as other 4" iPhones from Apple. There are going to be some differences where the various buttons are located but for the most part, the cases are interchangeable. Anyway, whether it's eBay, Amazon, or someplace like Staples, there should be plenty of choices without spending a bunch of money.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Retina mid 2015 15.4" 16GB 2.5 GHz OS Monterey; iPhone 12 128gb; iPad Mini 5, 64gb
Have always bought my phone cases from ebay. Cheap and cheerful. I may have a Hello Kitty back cover around if you would like it.:Mischievous:

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Have always bought my phone cases from ebay. Cheap and cheerful. I may have a Hello Kitty back cover around if you would like it.:Mischievous:

I have looked on eBay. The iPhone SE I have just bought came with a rubbery plastic back case. Initially I couldn't seem to slot home either the earphone plug or the lightning cable but I think I must have misaligned it. It works fine now although I am not sure how well it would protect the iPhone if I were to drop it.

I have looked on eBay and found an ACE invisible screen protector on the UK website here:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Apple-iPh...128863&hash=item2829b25fd7:g:iusAAOSwARZXoKgW

Thanks for the Hello Kitty back cover offer. As a dog lover, although we did have Siamese cats as well some years ago, I'm not sure that it is quite me.

If anyone else is familiar with the ACE front and back screen protector I would be interested in their views on how easy it is to fit and how satisfactory it has proved to be.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks pm-r. I think I had just misaligned it as it is working fine now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have looked on eBay and found an ACE invisible screen protector on the UK website here:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Apple-iPho...sAAOSwARZXoKgW

Hmmm…??? Personally I'd say you could do a lot better and I'd do some more checking and that item seems to be no more than offing an anti-scratch surface to the front and back, yet the sides and corners seem to be left unprotected.

Also, a lot of those "protective covers" can be a real PITA getting them installed properly and without and bubbles etc.

Anyway, just my 2 bits worth…

FWIW: This is a protective cover I'm just about to purchase for my wife's iPhone 6S replacement and she had the same type with her last iPhone 6 but unfortunately it, and most other non-bulky covers don't act as a lifesaver device and the crabs are now watching her old iPhone 6.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/BAS...Back-Cover-for-iPhone-6-Plus/32300037558.html

PS: Lots of others via that site that will fit your SE. :Blushing:
https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesal...d=AS_20170921082013&SearchText=iphone+se+case

- Patrick
======

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I don't recommend Amazon one time I ordered a case and I had to wait a lot of days (3-4 months) :/

Yikes…. ONE GOOFUP CASE and that's your reason to NOT recommend one of the largest shipping places in the world, WOW!!! Especially considering they normally provide shipping times and if not they suggest the buyer to check with the seller.

Or was that back in the days when Amazon had a China site??? Yes, the free shipping option from China can take three weeks but seldom more.

- Patrick
======

Reaction score
Yikes…. ONE GOOFUP CASE and that's your reason to NOT recommend one of the largest shipping places in the world, WOW!!! Especially considering they normally provide shipping times and if not they suggest the buyer to check with the seller.

Or was that back in the days when Amazon had a China site??? Yes, the free shipping option from China can take three weeks but seldom more.

- Patrick
======

Yea you have right I check my order and my case came from china :)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Nothing unusual about a case coming from China. Just about every Apple piece of hardware is made in China. And, I for one am satisfied with that since it seems the Chinese factories that assemble Apple products do a great job.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Nothing unusual about a case coming from China.

Nope, nothing unusual at all, and I have received a few over just the last few weeks and a few more are on the way.

Unfortunately no sign of the "Case For Apple iPhone 6 Plus & iPhone 6S Plus Luxury PU Leather Flip Wallet Case Cover With Kickstand" arriving for my wife for our Thanksgiving holiday I ordered two weeks ago and paid extra for faster ePacket delivery. But it's in transit somewhere… and not bad for a $10.00cdn± purchase, including the extra shipping cost of about $2.00cdn!!

- Patrick
======

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Main: 2017 MacBook Pro Touchbar 15". Secondary: 2006 MacBook, 2.0 GHz, 1GB RAM, 80 GB HD, OSX 10.6.
I had this case with my SE.

The Tech21 Evo case is a decent case, it's very thick, and it really never dings, since the rubber on it just goes to the rubber, and bounces. It's very slim, and I dropped it from 6 feet onto hard wood, and it didn't break, however 6 feet onto concrete cracked my SE's screen, but it had force, as I was running when I dropped it. Only real problem is that the Wi-Fi is a little bit bad, but that's probably my SE unit, since it's always been a bit off. I'm currently using a Tech 21 case on my 7 Plus. I recommend you look into it.

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
Just addressing the first post in this thread I think that a "robust thin case" is almost a contradiction in terms. A thin case can never be truly robust. By far the best solution is a thin case to prevent mechanical damage like contact with rough objects and not dropping it.
Though this doesn't seem to be a concern for some. I read s post in another forum where a guy was complaining about screen scratches on his iPhone 8+. He stated that despite dropping his previous iPhone SE "tons of times” it didn't scratch like the 8+ which he had only dropped once! Wow, I don't know about everybody else but I think I could number the times I have dropped all of the smart phones I've owned on one hand. Maybe I'm a bit OC?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hey Rod... kids nowadays use their iPhones everywhere which is why you hear of them dropping the phone in the bathtub, toilet, swimming pool, and other odd places. But as far as keeping the screen scratch free, I use a Zagg Glass Screen Protector on all my iPhones. The protector costs a bit more than others but it provides good protection against scratches and "gentle drops".

I don't use a screen protector on my iPad since I use that mostly at home.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.