Lost Events Structure

Reaction score
I had 20,000 photos saved on my iPhone 6s synced to my Apple MacBook Pro. All the photos were saved as Events, labelled according to subject matter and date. I use a Time capsule to back up the contents of the MacBook every hour.

I needed to create space on the hard drive of my phone. I deleted all photos on the phone but inadvertently lost the entire Events structure/list. All photos remain on the laptop but in a date order only.

Do you think the Events list/names and their photo content has been saved to the Time Capsule and would it be possible to re-install the Events structure/list to the lap top to save me the job of creating Events going back 15 years!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Do you think the Events list/names and their photo content has been saved to the Time Capsule and would it be possible to re-install the Events structure/list to the lap top to save me the job of creating Events going back 15 years!

They should have been saved, but the only way you're going to find out for sure is to do a restore from the TC.

OP
S
Reaction score
Ok. did a restore from the Time capsule and the structure was there. While it was the obvious thing to do, thanks for pointing it out!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.