New to Macs... Shifting and Sliding "App windows" around Desktop

Reaction score
OK, I am a word person, and I do not know how to describe my problem. I am new to Mac.

So, I open Chrome and the Chrome "window" pops up. I work on it. I open up a few more Apps and a another Chrome window. I have a two monitors, so I work between them as normal. Inverabaly, within a minute I am having to pull my windows back onto the monitor screen but they slip a inch+ off the screen. I click the green x button on the top left to use the window I am trying to use. Without even knowing it, one window or more will again partically slip off the desktop, and I will have to drag it back.

This is making me frustrated. Why don't the Apps stay on the screen unless purposefully moved off? Is there ANY way I can set it so that a appllication will stay 100% on the screen as I work and flip between windows? I always have used 2 monitors when I worked on my PC...

Thanks for your suggestions! Screen Shot 2017-09-12 at 5.20.06 PM (2).png

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
What Mac model and version year are you using? You can look under the Apple icon in the upper left corner, select About This Mac. Let us know...

From your description it could be your mouse/trackpad settings causing this issue.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.