Wierd duplication of voice memos with todays date as new VM name in iPhone 6s

Reaction score
Greetings,

I recently bought an iPhone 6s, to upgrade from my longtime 4s. In between there I had an iPhone 6 for a few weeks which I recently gave to my wife after I bought this 6s. At some point recently I found that all (I assume all) of my voice memos (I have a lot of them, I use them as my music idea scratch pad) have been duplicated with the date of the day this happened as the new name for each duplicated file. I started sifting through them and renaming them, and partly it was fun to come up with new names and revisit stuff. Then a few days later it happened again. Crap. I searched around online and didn't find any good answers. I looked in my macbook pro and saw that I had 3 different files with vm in them. I changed the titles so all the vm went into one file (just by changing the title in itunes of that "album"). As I try to play some of the tunes that were the original files with titles in the "on my device"section, they won't play, and an exclamation point shows up next to them. If I go to my actual phone and try to play them they will play. I deleted from my phone all the vm with todays date, then reconnected my phone to the macbook, and all the vm with todays date are back. I unchecked "include vm" under syncing music, and all are now gone from my phone except for the ones with todays date and a few others. I have all of them backed up still in my old phone, and in itunes music library and in time machine. Not quite sure what to do?

Thanks,

Peter.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.