CeX online security breach

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27-inch iMac, 3.4 GHz i5, Radeon Pro 570, 16 GB DDR4 2400 MHz, 1 TB 7200-rpm
Hi folks,

So there has been yet another security breach with a major firm :\.

Not related to Macs but not sure where else this should go.

If you have an online account with CeX, it has just been disclosed that they suffered a security breach that affects up to two million customers. More information can be found here: https://uk.webuy.com/guidance/

They advise information such as customers' first name, surname, addresses, email address, phone number, and expired debit and credit card numbers are some of the items of information that may have been stolen, alongside encrypted account passwords.

CeX advises that passwords "[were not] stored in plain text" but warn customers "as a precautionary measure" to change their password on the CeX website and any other services where the same password may be shared.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Been hearing about this for a couple of days now. Still wondering, how did that happen. Waiting for an official breach report. Right now all we know is that data was stolen, but how? I am glad that they didn't chicken out, took responsibility and prepared steps for their customers to act uppon. However, this gets me wondering, what other data could have been compromised.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.