Need to uninstall a program

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
@Reinyrooster
"using the option key to invoke a root permissions level when doing a search."........Patrick, I'm an old man and new to Mac......you're talking Greek here......I just did another search with negative results. Can you please clarify what you mean? Thanks

When using Find Any File.app to do a search, you have the option to use and hold down your keyboard's option key which will invoke a window for you to type in your username password. Doing so will invoke root (the OS X Boss) permissions.

Just hover your pointer over the "Find" window of Find Any File.app and I think it will tell you more in a OS X Cheshire Cat type window that will fade away just before you finish reading what you wanted to know and learn. Yup, annoying and I don't know how it can be kept open to read completely.

PS: When using Find Any File.app to seek and destroy all parts of MacKeeper, use both "MacKeeper" and "Zeobit" in your Find Any File.app searches. Trash and delete any that contain with word.

Then, at least restart id not Shutdown and then boot up.

- Patrick
======

OP
Reinyrooster
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mojave 10.14.3, Late 2015, 21.5" display, 2.8ghz, 16GB
Woohoo!!! Finally got rid of the MacKeeper.....followed the steps laid out here by some very helpful people but could never get rid of the icon from the launchpad. I would drag it to the trash but as soon as I released it, it would bounce right back to it's earlier location. Started trying different things and when I held down the control key and dragged the icon to the trash, it finally disappeared!
Thanks to everyone for the help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
Oh thank goodness! And you will never ever ever install MacKeeper again!!! So glad you finally got rid of it.

Lisa

OP
Reinyrooster
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
"And you will never ever ever install MacKeeper again!!!".....truer words have never been spoken!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Lisa, thanks for trying but....it wasn't there.

"And you will never ever ever install MacKeeper again!!!".....truer words have never been spoken!

Hey Reinyr... - CONGRATS! Now when the next 'new' member comes here to get rid of MacKeeper, you'll be one of our forum experts! :) Dave

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hey Reinyr... - CONGRATS! Now when the next 'new' member comes here to get rid of MacKeeper, you'll be one of our forum experts! :) Dave

And Dave will be available and provide his proverbial screen shots as well to help out. ;D

- Patrick
======

OP
Reinyrooster
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Bwahahahaha.....far from expert......still stumbling along as a newbie.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
And Dave will be available and provide his proverbial screen shots as well to help out. ;D

Bwahahahaha.....far from expert......still stumbling along as a newbie.

Hey Patrick - well, I don't know if my 'screen shots' are proverbial, but sometimes a few saves a LOT of text typing - ;) Dave

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hey Patrick - well, I don't know if my 'screen shots' are proverbial, but sometimes a few saves a LOT of text typing - ;) Dave

They sure can and do Dave, and I sure wasn't complaining.

At times I wish some used them more as they can sure help clarify a lot of things.

- Patrick
======

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.