• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Rain, rain, rain

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Good to know you are still high and dry so to speak. Hopefully you won't have to break out the swim fins anytime soon.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Some of the Before and Now (After) photos from around the general Houston areas really show how much water is involved rather than a lot of the photos that just show the surface of the water, and the depth is unknown.

Copyright courtesy to whoever owns them:

DIQVU5CVoAAGYP8.jpg DIQc8mDUIAAEmMX.jpg-large.jpeg

- Patrick
======

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
My part of town is fairly high. My street and back yard flooded but nowhere near the house.
https://goo.gl/photos/sbMhMz7cY5hxKocz6

Glad to know that your house was spared - might throw a fishing line into the yard for a fish dinner? ;)

The guy below in the YouTube video caught a fish in his house - may have been staged, don't know? But, funny - :) Dave

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
I just cannot imagine the amount of rain that Harvey has dumped on such a large area.

A large area indeed! Our weather guy superimposed the affected area on a map showing that it would cover our entire state!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Were you affected by this flood, where in the US are you?

He's in Texas near Beaumont and Port Arthur. Check your Apple Maps to see the exact location.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
He's in Texas near Beaumont and Port Arthur. Check your Apple Maps to see the exact location.

OR just go back to my post (#4) - uploaded a map and circled the area above - Groves is between the two closer to Port Arthur. :) Dave

OP
cradom
Reaction score
Just heard from my sister. They were evac'ed by airboat. Then they were moved. Now moving them to Lake Charles. Running out of places to put people. Wish I could go get them. :(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.