Issue rearranging menubar icons

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2GHz Intel Core Duo w/ 2GB RAM (White)
I know that you can hold the command key and move menubar icons around, but this trick only seems to work with Apple's menubar icons. Any extras I have installed (for example, a smaller battery indicator) don't seem to respond to this command. Am I missing something? Is there some way to move these icons around as well or am I just stuck with the way they are?

Reaction score
Can you turn off/close/quit the apps that are generating the new menubar icons and then reopen them in a specific order to get what you want? (since new menubar items always fill up from the left side).

What is this smaller battery meter by the way? might want that for my 12" pb :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
they should move just the same as all the others

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
I think it depends on the app:

The 3rd party icon I have can't be moved...

I prefer to switch them off whenever possible though - I don't want that area looking like a windows task pane!

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2GHz Intel Core Duo w/ 2GB RAM (White)
zeta101 said:
What is this smaller battery meter by the way? might want that for my 12" pb :)

You can find the SlimBatteryMonitor here. Simply go into its preferences and you can adjust it to be a nice little sliver (more color options too, if you care to customize that too...) Saves some space, so I like it.

As far as rearranging, the 3rd party ones do not move the same as the others. I suppose I could close and reopen them, but I'd hate to have to do this everytime I turn on the computer... Plus, I would prefer to have the battery one be next to my clock, which would mean it would be in between two Apple ones...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.