CS5.5 on El Capitan

Reaction score
I just purchased a 21" iMac running El Capitan. They told me my old programs would work. CS5.5 has illustrator 5.1 and it asks to update a java script 6. After I did that I get a message saying to uninstall and re-install the application. When I try that it says it can't be don because the original item can't be found. Any ideas would be helpful. Getting a headache!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Adobe's software has always used the legacy version of Java SE with their apps.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 2012 mini w/SSD
But it can use the new, security-updated version too.

OP
I
Reaction score
I have downloaded both of those and still get the same error message(s) With the app I get 'Uninstall and re-install.....' Error Code 6
On un-install I get the exact same message and error code. I do need to get this computer up and running. I only use Illustrator, In-Design, and Acrobat.
Rarely use Photoshop but it would be nice if it would open to adjust pictures, that's all I use it for.
I will check back tomorrow after work. Thank you all in advance for the suggestions.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Try to reinstall the Adobe CS5.5 software.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Try to reinstall the Adobe CS5.5 software.

And maybe try doing so after all the old bits and pieces have been uninstalled.

And BTW: This site says parts of Adobe CS5.5 are questionable with El Capitan, heck it says that for several earlier OS X versions as well!!!

http://roaringapps.com/apps?index=a

- Patrick
======

OP
I
Reaction score
...and how do you suppose I 're-install the software'? I cannot re-install OR 'un-install' without the error message.
my 'ORIGINAL' software is on a CD. Hmm.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.