RESTORING safari back button history.

Reaction score
I need help RESTORING my back button history. I have my full history and I have access to backup files.

Problem history - I'll try to be brief. MacBook crashed - it would shut off after booting up 1/4 of the way. Took it to Apple and there was nothing physically wrong with the flash drive but somehow the files may have gotten corrupted. They saved my data onto a separate backup drive which I am able to access still today, then they reinstalled the OS. Everything is working great. My safari history is in tact dating back several months. But my back button history is not - that is to say, it was not restored to the point of the crash.

All of my windows were restored: but I do not recall if any of the tabs other than the initial tab were restored. What I mean is I had ten windows and each of the windows had the initial tab titled correctly (for ex. "google search 'this is us'". When you clicked on the "window" drop down menu all of the windows were restored. However, none of the tabs for the windows were restored other than the one tab. HOWEVER, I went into my back up and into Library and into one of the files (I forget) and I was able to restore the number of tabs i originally had for each window, but they all say "untitled". This is because none of the tabs, including the initial tab for each window (ex. the "this is us" tab) have back button history.

I hope I wasn't too verbose. i feel like I am SOOOOOOOOOO close to getting my tab and back button history back. I came so close when I was able to go into my back up and restore from the library. Can any Mac savvy person help me, please? I'd be willing to send over a gift card by PayPal.

Last edited:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.