I need a little advice, or help installing MS Office 2011

Reaction score
I hope someone has an answer. I recently was using MS Word 2011, and when I tried to save the document I could not. So i decided to just reinstall Office. However, when I tried to reinstall the application I can not, what does this mean? At the top of the Office 2011 Installer it says Office Installer--Locked.

Untitled.png

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Welcome to our forums.

Where did you get the Office 2011 installer from? Office 2011 is usually installed from a CD. The CD package also has the serial number included with it.

OP
G
Reaction score
I have the Office 2011 CD disk, but when I click the installer I can't do anything with it. I have installed the program a few times in the past, and I have never had a problem.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I just checked my Office 2011 CD and as soon as I put the CD in the drive, it shows the "Office Installer.mpkg". It's not locked and if I click on it, it would start the installation of Office 2011.

I believe your Office CD is the problem or your optical drive is not working right. Are you able to use the CD drive with other CDs or DVDs? And can you try the Office CD in another CD drive?

OP
G
Reaction score
The CD works fine in my other MacBook, but the CD drive I use on my newer MacBook is an inexpensive model. I suppose that may be the problem. Thank you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Is this an external DVD?

Microsoft sometimes have anti-piracy measures on CDs. Does the disk container have the activation code on the reverse, usually five sets of five numbers and letters? You could always download Office 2011 from this Microsoft link, enter the code and the download will proceed.. When I purchased Office 2011 it was by downloaded from a site supplied by Microsoft and the code arrived by email.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/software-download/office

OP
G
Reaction score
Yes, I have the 25 character code. I will try downloading the software from Microsoft. This id so odd. Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Let us know how you're getting along with this. I'm not sure if Office 2011 is available from MS as a download. I know that Office 2016 is but their site does not show a download for 2011.

Which model MacBook Pro do you now have (year and model)? And the inexpensive CD drive... does it work with other CDs on your new MacBook Pro?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.