Akaso EK7000 not mounting on MBP 10.12.6

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2010 Mac Pro 5,1 with 3.33Ghz 6-core, and 16GB RAM
Hi Folks,

I am flummoxed on this... I have an Akaso EK7000 GoPro-like Camera. The camera works great and I am able to mount and transfer photos and videos off the camera onto my hard drive on my desktop MacPro 5,1 running Sierra 10.12.6. However, the camera is not mounting when I hook it up to my MBP 11,1 also running Sierra 10.12.6. I've tried to load Disk Utility, but nothing comes up.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Paras.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Hi Folks,

I am flummoxed on this... I have an Akaso EK7000 GoPro-like Camera. The camera works great and I am able to mount and transfer photos and videos off the camera onto my hard drive on my desktop MacPro 5,1 running Sierra 10.12.6. However, the camera is not mounting when I hook it up to my MBP 11,1 also running Sierra 10.12.6. I've tried to load Disk Utility, but nothing comes up.

Any suggestions?

Are you using the same cable between the two Macs? If not, re-try using the one that is known to work.

Failing that, test the port with another USB device (I assume you are using USB to connect?)

Also try running the Apple Hardware Test. Instructions below.
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201257

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Isn't there a memory card, you can plug into your MBP?

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2010 Mac Pro 5,1 with 3.33Ghz 6-core, and 16GB RAM
Thanks for the replies...
- I've interchanged the cables... no change... works on the MacPro, but not the MBP
- Tried different ports and different devices in the same port... everything seems operational, except this camera on the MBP.
- Ran the Hardware Test... no issues discovered.
- Neither the MacPro nor the MBP has a Memory Card port. I have a CF Memory Card Reader, but this camera uses a MicroSD, so I have found it easier to just hook the camera to the computer and download it directly off of it.

On the issue of the USB Cable, when I plug it in the Camera does recognize there has been a change and the LCD panel lights up... seems to me it's getting power / recharging from the USB port, but not able to send data. But the same cable and Camera are able to do power and data via USB port on the MacPro.

I am also able to do power and data transfer and download pics via the same USB ports on the MBP using my iPhone. I can stick a USB thumb drive in the USB port and transfer files and images. But just not this Camera on the MBP... the icon just doesn't come up on the desktop and I don't see it in Finder or in Disk Utility.

Anything else I can check? Is there a setting in Disk Utility or anything else that I need to check on the MBP?

Ty.
Paras.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
My best guess here is that there's some sort of driver or kernel extension issue. Even though you are already on 10.12.6, I would try downloading and applying the 10.12.6 Update Combo and see if that irons out the problem.

https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1931?locale=en_US

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.