Posting screen shots

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 1TB SSD (2019; OS Ventura 13.5.2), 3 GHz, 8GB; 1TB; Glyph Studio 1TB ext;
Its easy to incorporate a screen shot into an email by copying and pasting. But how do you post it into other platforms such as this one or on to a social media post such as Facebook ? Does it need some sort of conversion software ?

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Right. Let's start with these Forums.

When replying, look at the headers above and click on the one third from the RIGHT -

S1.png

This will open a window - click on Computer

S2.png

Then click on Select Files - navigate to your source, choose screenshot -

S3.png

Then Upload Files.

For Facebook, one way is to add the FB account to your Internet Accounts - found in System Preferences > Internet Accounts -

S4.jpg

Then you can use the FB account under the Share Menu of whatever app you have open to post to FB.

Hope this helps a bit.

Ian

OP
davowolf
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 1TB SSD (2019; OS Ventura 13.5.2), 3 GHz, 8GB; 1TB; Glyph Studio 1TB ext;
Ah yes it works as you can see below! Thank you Ian.. (sorry for the delay I/ve been motorcycling around wet Wales).
My error has been to think that I could copy and paste (in the simple way you can for inserting the image captured as a screen shot) into an email. Its clearly a different ball game.

Here's your post as a screen shot....

Screen Shot 2017-08-22 at 11.18.40.png

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.