TapBack in Mac iMessage –– Viewing who Tapped back?

Reaction score
So...the many group messages I'm in have been increasingly using the tapback feature of iMessage in our conversations...

I noticed the other day that there seems to be no way to view who tapped back to a message in group message on OSX.
What's the deal here? – Did apple really just miss this, or am I missing something obvious?

Seems pretty broken to include this new feature but not update OSX iMessage to have the functionality to fully use it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Never heard of TapBack, but I looked in iMessages > Help, and it was there, check it out. I hope it helps.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
OP
K
Reaction score
Hey Guys –– Thanks for the help!

I think there may have been some confusion, so let me better clarify: I understand how to use the TapBack feature in iMessage, however on mac there seems to be no way to view who tapped back.

On iPhone, this is done by holding on the iMessage: a screen displaying both your TapBack options as well as who has tapped back (if any) to that particular message appears.

I'm wondering if there is a way to view this from iMessage on OSX. There does not appear do be, but this seems extremely broken.

Hope this helps.

kk

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
I'm wondering if there is a way to view this from iMessage on OSX. There does not appear do be, but this seems extremely broken.

Thanks for clarifying.

I don't use much of the latest Apple stuff but did find this and hope it helps:
If you're in a group message and aren't sure who sent what reaction, just click on the icon (heart, thumbs up, question mark, etc). This will open a strip at the top of the screen that shows you who sent each reaction.
http://www.wikihow.com/Add-a-Reaction-or-Tapback-to-an-Apple-Message

Maybe…??? Bolding mine. :D

- Patrick
======

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.