Help, can't boot Windows

SAW

Reaction score
Hi,

Windows 7 is not showing in bootcamp, why ? Disk Utility is showing disk0s4 but is greyed out and won't let me 'mount' it's not showing up in 'Start Up' either but if I go to disk utility a select main hard drive and partition 'disk0s4' is showing ? Also Windows won't boot holding the option key down. How do I get it back with out reinstalling windows ?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
First thing we need to know is if you had Windows running successfully on this computer before this happened...or if this is a first time new install of Windows.

- Nick

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for the info.

Did you do anything recently such as an Mac OS upgrade or update?

- Nick

OP
S

SAW

Reaction score
No nothing I was looking into increasing the partition on the windows side but hadn't done it.
The boot camp hasn't been showing up in disk utility for a while but holding down the option key on start up has always worked.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Did you read the article?? There's a section that deal's with booting from your Windows 7 Install DVD.

- Nick

Reaction score
Hi,

Windows 7 is not showing in bootcamp, why ? Disk Utility is showing disk0s4 but is greyed out and won't let me 'mount' it's not showing up in 'Start Up' either but if I go to disk utility a select main hard drive and partition 'disk0s4' is showing ? Also Windows won't boot holding the option key down. How do I get it back with out reinstalling windows ?

Your question reminds me of last month I forgot the login password for Windows 7 , but after I reset my password, i found another problem with my computer , just like you, the Windows can not boot , my cousin thinks I started acpi , try to restart the computer, hen press F11 to enter the BIOS before the system is started, then disable the ACPI and restart the computer again. but it doesn't work , maybe i need to reinstall the system ,

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Are either of these systems working yet? Please provide the complete specs of your Macs and Mac OS X/OS X/macOS and then we can go from there? Are either of you using a fusion drive?

Reaction score
Your question reminds me of last month I forgot login password on Windows 7 , but after I reset my password, i found another problem with my computer , just like you, the Windows can not boot , my cousin thinks I started acpi , try to restart the computer, hen press F11 to enter the BIOS before the system is started, then disable the ACPI and restart the computer again. but it doesn't work , maybe i need to reinstall the system ,

Man, have you solved the problem, or like me ?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.