Trouble installing iTunes with beta 11 installed

Reaction score
Hi. I’m a beta tester for Mac OS High Sierra. I have the Beta 3 version. It will not allow iTunes 12.6.2 to install. Has anyone else had this issue? I reported it to Apple through the beta testing system. They do not respond to issues submitted and if I call Apple they don’t support the beta testing. Just curious if you have heard from anyone else with this issue.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I didn't have any trouble with iTunes and the macOS High Sierra beta though I have had other issues with this beta. iTunes 12.6.2 is working at least as well for me as the previous version did with no installation issues.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Which beta are toy9 running? The last one I successfully installed says High Sierra Developer Beta version 3. I did have a Public Beta version 3 appear this moerning but haven't completed the installation of that yet.

BTW your title mentions beta 11 but the post says High Sierra. Are you working with the iPhone / iPad beta here?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Also, I believe the latest developer beta is now up to 4. Public beta is 3 (usually one or more behind the dev beta).

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm still trying to figure out why one of my downloads said something like Developer beta 3 while other versions have said Public beta.

OP
R
Reaction score
Which beta are toy9 running? The last one I successfully installed says High Sierra Developer Beta version 3. I did have a Public Beta version 3 appear this moerning but haven't completed the installation of that yet.

BTW your title mentions beta 11 but the post says High Sierra. Are you working with the iPhone / iPad beta here?

I was using beta 3. 4 came out today and I updated it along with iTunes 12.6.2.20 and all seems to be happy now.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Glad that sorted things out for you. For some reason I'm having difficulty getting that beta installed.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.