Unable to create mailbox for new users.

Reaction score
Hi,

I was trying to create a new user for a MacBookPro mailbox, however I keep getting "Unable to verify account name and password."

I have checked that the user name and password are correct, but it keeps prompting with the same notification "Unable to verify account name and password."

I have previously tried to create user for mailboxes and there was not such issue. Not sure what was change.

I have also tried to use that user login and password to create a mailbox from another MacBook Pro, but the issue persist.

I have tried recreating the username and password, and then retry again. The problem still persist.

Please help.

Thank you.

account type: POP

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
And what service are you trying to connect to?

M

MacInWin

Sounds like you are pointing to the wrong address for the mail server. As Ashwin said, what service are you trying to reach?

OP
J
Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks everyone! I realise that it was my mistake the email and the username suppose to be the same, but I went to change the username.

Now, all accounts can be created.

Case closed.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.