PC v. Mac Attitude

Reaction score
I didn't read this thread but making broad generalizations about people and their attitudes based on something so insigificant is just odd.

OP
C

caveatipss

mynameis said:
I didn't read this thread but making broad generalizations about people and their attitudes based on something so insigificant is just odd.

Odd in a forum dedicated to that very topic? No, I say! Is it insane, or is it so sane it just blew your mind?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4/ 15.2"/ 1.67 ghz/ 2 gb RAM/ ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 (128 mb RAM)/ 100 gb hdd@ 5400 RPM
techster82 said:
One reason the Mac community doesn't update as frequent as PC's is because until the Intel switch their was no competition for them. Apple has always been able to dictate the pace at which their machines move forward because they make the software and the hardware. The PC world has never been like that because you have several companies always fighting to be the top dog in their certain market segment.

Just think about how different the PC world would be today if Apple had decided to license their OS to other manufacturers instead of letting Microsoft do it. Most likely Apple would be the standard and Microsoft would either be dust in the wind or the ones doing commercials trying to convince people to switch.

Ya, well, we should all be using NeXTSTEP right now, so what can you do?

Reaction score
caveatipss said:
Odd in a forum dedicated to that very topic?

I am not going to argue whether or not the 'Switcher Hangout' was the best place for the question.

The topic of the question really has little to do with my comment though, you could have been making specific assumptions about large groups of people based on some other incredibly irrelevant factor and it would have been equally worthless.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.