Apple store or Stormfront

SRL

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch,2017 Processor 3.4 GHz Intel Core i5. Memory 8GB 2400 MHz DDR4.
I am about to purchase a new iMac and am undecided as to if it should be from an Apple store or Stormfront.
I have had good service from both in the past however the Stormfront store is much closer to where I live and they provide a 3 year warranty.
Is anyone in a position to give a fair comparison of both options with the plus and minus in terms of advantages and disadvantages.
Any advice would be most appreciated
Many thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Retina mid 2015 15.4" 16GB 2.5 GHz OS Monterey; iPhone 12 128gb; iPad Mini 5, 64gb
If Stormfront is an authorised Apple retailer, go with them. Proximity and not having to pay for AppleCare are valuable. My recent iPhone 7 came from John Lewis, a big UK department chain; it was £70 cheaper than from the Apple store and has a 2 year warranty from the shop.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Yes, I go along with what Sue said.

If you have a good history with a supplier and they're much closer; well let's face it, you can hardly put an iMac in your pocket. Go for it.

Ian

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I'm not from the UK...but checked out Stormfront earlier today...and they seem ok. They have the same prices as the Apple Store, they have the 3 year warranty that you don't have to pay for (1st year is the Apple warranty)...and Stormfront has a lot of location's in the UK (something like 24 locations) which makes obtaining service (if needed) convenient.:)

The only unknown is (which may not be a big deal). How does year #2 & year #3 of Stormfronts warranty compare with year #2 and year #3 of Apple's warranty (I'm guessing this is difficult to answer).

There is one thing I do know (I checked Stormfront's "small print"). Stormfront's warranty does not include free phone support (Apple's 3 year warranty does if you purchase it right away or shortly after purchase). But with a Stormfront store very close by...this may not be an issue for you either.:)

- Nick.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Good detective work Nick. I had never heard of the "Stormfront" chain. It seems the most popular chain store in the UK that sell Apple stuff is "John Lewis" which many of our UK members are familiar with.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac: 5K 27” (2020), 3.3 GHz, 32Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini4, iPhone 13 Mini, Apple Watch SE
In York (the original not the New one) we have both Stormfront and John Lewis so that makes the choice a tough call :)

OP
S

SRL

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch,2017 Processor 3.4 GHz Intel Core i5. Memory 8GB 2400 MHz DDR4.
Many thanks to you all especially Nick for all the detective work. I will now go and spend some money!!!
Stephen

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.