Vpn

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 MacBook Air
I use the VPN we have setup for work only. What I hadn't thought about was using while out-of-country.

Last trip into Canada, I tried to link into a couple sites I really like. Couldn't sign in due to it being on the Canadian network. I hadn't thought of trying the VPN..

You folks that travel O.O.C. does it work for you? Very curious.. I will try in a couple weeks when I go back.

Yes, hooking into work is fine. Never tried browsing into other sites..

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Yes, that's how you get around the Great Firewall in China for example. I used a VPN service during travel with locations based out of Singapore (always find the closet location to you that will work) to get to Google and other services..

Your work VPN could be configured just to route traffic for your work servers correctly and let everything else go through your active connection. This is how we've configured our work VPN to avoid routing all traffic through it and thus putting too much overhead on it. So you will want to check your IT department on how the VPN is configured.

If it is configured just for specific routes, then you will need to employ a different VPN service that routes ALL of your traffic to get around IP blocks..

Reaction score
VPNs are really helpful in travels. Especially in countries like Poland, Canada and China. You should connect to the nearest vpn server. For example if you're gonna go to mainland China. A VPN server in Hong Kong is your friend

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.