Syncing

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 27"12.2.1 Monterey.1phone 13, iwatch,ipad air
I have been having AWFUL problems with syncing my pictures.
I only select certain albums to show on my phone.I do NOT want all of my pictures through ICLOUD on there,too many to find anything, So I select the albums I want to show only. Up until today, all of my pictures were in the correct albums, now they are all mixed up.This is what I get when I try to sync

Should I do away with ALL of my albums and start again.I have been working on this most of the day and getting no where.

I'm sure until you can understand me properly you will have more questions.To me it makes sense................BUT.

Would really appreciate help.
TIA,Sue

syncing.jpg

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Good morning, Sue.

Well, yes, I do have a few questions for you if you don't mind.

I notice you have an iMac and MacBook Pro as well as an iPhone & iPad.

What I'm trying to determine is this:

Say you go out and take a bunch of photos - would that be on a camera or iPhone? Then where do you store them, say on a Mac? And is it on your Mac that you organise them into Albums? Do you also use the iCloud Photo Library?

Do you only want to sync your selected pictures to your iPhone - or to other devices as well?

Your answers will determine the way we go from here, but here is a broad outline:

Choose one device for storage - say your iMac. On that device, select "iCloud Photo Library" and "Download Originals to this Mac". Also select "My Photo Stream".

On all your other devices, select only "My Photo Stream".

This arrangement means that whenever you take a picture on an iDevice, it will appear within "My Photo Stream" on all your iDevices and your Macs. However, on your iMac, where you store your photos, these will remain unless you personally delete them. But deleting images from your iPhone, for example, will delete them from all other devices except your iMac.

Syncing then becomes much easier because only pictures in "My Photo Stream" will sync.

NB This is a broad outline as stated, not the final solution. I need to know your intensions and your answers to the questions above.

Please post back.

Ian

OP
royalpei
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Good morning, Sue.

Well, yes, I do have a few questions for you if you don't mind.

I notice you have an iMac and MacBook Pro as well as an iPhone & iPad.

What I'm trying to determine is this:

Say you go out and take a bunch of photos - would that be on a camera or iPhone? Then where do you store them, say on a Mac? And is it on your Mac that you organise them into Albums? Do you also use the iCloud Photo Library?

Do you only want to sync your selected pictures to your iPhone - or to other devices as well?

Your answers will determine the way we go from here, but here is a broad outline:

Choose one device for storage - say your iMac. On that device, select "iCloud Photo Library" and "Download Originals to this Mac". Also select "My Photo Stream".

On all your other devices, select only "My Photo Stream".

This arrangement means that whenever you take a picture on an iDevice, it will appear within "My Photo Stream" on all your iDevices and your Macs. However, on your iMac, where you store your photos, these will remain unless you personally delete them. But deleting images from your iPhone, for example, will delete them from all other devices except your iMac.

Syncing then becomes much easier because only pictures in "My Photo Stream" will sync.

NB This is a broad outline as stated, not the final solution. I need to know your intensions and your answers to the questions above.

Please post back.

Ian

Ian, although I do have all of those devices I only use My imac for storage and check albums I want for my phone. Until yesterday all worked great now they are all muddled up,AND ITUNES WILL NOT SYNC AT ALL. That is really my biggest question, why now am I getting this? syncing.jpg

I'm not sure if the picture attachment of what I am getting is showing up, I cannot see it.

OP
royalpei
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.