Apple Numbers - Print issues - please help.

Reaction score
Help new guy here. Please help urgently as I have a deadline today !!!

I have a numbers document that is made up of approx 25 tables that sit one above the other down the screen. The are all evenly spaced with the same gap between the top and bottom of each table.

Now here is the problem, and its driving me mad.

When I go to print the document or save it as a PDF, it is approx 20 pages long, the tables all move around. The even spacing between each tables has gone. Some are evenly spaced, but several of the others have moved up or down so it looks a mess. The only way to solve the issue so far is to go out of print preview and manually move each table and keep flipping back and forth between print preview view and normal view until they are correctly spaced again. This can't be right.

It's like numbers is not factoring in the page borders and headers / footers when it goes from normal screen view to print print view so all the tables get shifted about and the spacing goes wrong.

Try it your self. Open a new page in numbers and put 5 or so tables in a line with even gaps between them. The when you go to print preview the table that spans between a page (page 1 to 2 for example) will have moved and the even spacing will have gone.

Please help I need to email this document urgently !!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Why not insert a page break in between all the tables, and make the document 25 pages?

OP
S
Reaction score
thanks for the reply. Id like to print them as one long document but your suggestion could be an option. How do I add a break between each table to they sit on their own page? Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.