• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Extreme newbie stupid iMovie help question

Reaction score
Hey all. I just got into using iMovie because I was to start doing film and book reviews for a YouTube and Facebook page for my friends. The format I want to use for the reviews is simple have a picture. Record voice over fornthat picture move onto the next one. While using iMovie this pictures go through too quickly and when I try to record a voice over I have to speak really fast to even keep up to where I'm incoherent and on top of that it cycles through the picture ls so fast my voice over doesn't sync up well. Is there any way for me to slow it down to where I can hold it on one picture, say my voice over that suits that picture, hold it on another picture and record voiceover that fits that one, etc? Please let me know and I am very sorry if this is a stupid question

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Have a look at this article paying attention to steps 2 - 4. Step 4 is specific to controlling the duration of the pictures.

OP
A
Reaction score
Are these options available for the app on my phone as well? I can't seem to find that in my iphones version but I'll keep trying

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.