• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Web cam help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.1
I just got a web cam, It's not an iSight I don’t even know what it is I got it off eBay. MSN messenger being for Windows isn’t working with so I need some suggestions on other messenger services ie. yahoo (but I can't log into that for some reason) which I can use my webcam on.

Oh and it has to be available for Windows users as well as the people I want to use it with use Windows.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
iChat with AIM is the only one I know of that can use video.

My roommate bought a webcam and it didn't work with his iBook at all, though. There are only a handful that will work with Mac OS. Post back with the brand/model when you find it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Yahoo! Messenger video chats do work in Mac OS X.
Though, Macs are picky about which camera you use.
The only one I have seen that works without fail, every time, is the iSight which I ended up getting myself.

S

sydneylad123

D3v1L80Y said:
Yahoo! Messenger video chats do work in Mac OS X.
Though, Macs are picky about which camera you use.
The only one I have seen that works without fail, every time, is the iSight which I ended up getting myself.

Between my mates on mac, no probs at all iChat to iChat... With mates on PCs, I've tried iChat to AIM, but no luck. Does the PC user need to disable the PC's firewall? Is it something else? For what it's worth, I've found Skype to be brilliant between the 2... just would like to see a face!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.