Getting files to iCloud

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm trying to transfer my ebook/music/picture collection from my old Android phone to my new iPhone 6s that was provided to me by my company. Unfortunately, the company iPhone was preloaded, so I didn't have the chance to go ahead with the automated copying.

As a result, I FTP'd into my Android and downloaded everything onto my PC. I then tried FTP'ing it onto the iPhone, only to find that the two apps I need to recognize the files (iBooks, Photos) wouldn't. I then considered uploading the files from my computer to iCloud, but the PC iCloud installation is failing and I've tried multiple guides to get it to work.

What is the best way for me to get iBooks to recognize my audio/ebooks and Photos to recognize the photos? The phone isn't rooted, it's updated to the latest version, and I don't have any other devices aside from the old Android.

Thanks in advance for your time.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Welcome to our forums.

Do you have the Windows version of iTunes installed on your PC? If not, go to the Apple site and download, install, iTunes to your PC. You can sync your iBooks and photos to your iPhone 6s using iTunes.

OP
I
Reaction score
Hello,

Thanks for the reply.

I just tried to install 64bit iTunes, but received the following error at the beginning of the installation:
"Errors occurred during installation before iTunes could be configured. Your system has not been modified. To complete the installation, run the installer again."

I tried running the installer again and the same error message appeared. I then tried downloading the 32bit version and an error message appeared saying that the 32bit installer is intended for 32bit windows.

I'm running Windows 10 64bit, only HD has 70 GB free, AV is AVG, 8GB RAM, i7 L620, and Windows is updated.

Last edited:

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I don't know what to tell you? The 64 bit PC version of iTunes should install without a problem. The only thing I can suggest is to turn off AVG temporarily to install iTunes to see if that makes a difference. Let us know.

OP
I
Reaction score
I turned off AVG and attempted to install, but the same error occurred. Is there another way for me to get the files onto my phone in a way where it will recognize it? Is there a browser-based cloud storage place I can go to?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I turned off AVG and attempted to install, but the same error occurred. Is there another way for me to get the files onto my phone in a way where it will recognize it? Is there a browser-based cloud storage place I can go to?

You can try a third party application. I recommend "iMazing2" for Windows. However, it's not free but they do have a trial version. With iMazing you do not need iTunes to sync music, videos, or books to your iPhone.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.