check the table is all flat and that the imac all flat

if this doesnt work try on the floor or another FLAT table

hope this helps

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20 inch iMac Core Duo
ok im pretty sure the problem is where the metal base connects to the computer. When adjusting the screen angle it makes a little noise and is more resistant than before. Would this be something easy to fix?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
On a pre-iSight iMac, you could simply take of the back cover (wouldn't void the warranty) and have a look at the hinge, if something's wrong. Unfortunately, Apple decided to entirely change the built up of the iMacs with iSight (G5 and Core Duo) so that you can't attain the hinge without taking out everything. And, opening it would simply void your warranty...

I would bring it to an Apple repair center, and have them check it.

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20 inch iMac Core Duo
I bought it at compusa...should I take it there to get looked at or the apple store?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
playm0de said:
I bought it at compusa...should I take it there to get looked at or the apple store?

You should bring it to an Apple certified repair center. I'm not from the US, so I don't know if compusa's repair service is Apple certified or not. If not, they aren't allowed to open an Apple computer that still is under warranty.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I agree with Avalon. Have it looked at by a real Apple repair center. I would not trust CompUSA with it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.