ssp.zryydi.com tab opens automatically in Chrome and Safari

Reaction score
Chrome and Safari browser randomly opens this tab -*ssp.zryydi.com*which redirects to some or the other ad.

It is really annoying and there is no way I could find to get rid of it. I don't want to install malwarebytes and other such apps suggested in many posts because they are not available on App Store.

I tried some other solutions also like removing some plist files and folders from these posts -*http://www.securemacos.com/single-post/2016/11/01/Remove-sspzryydicom-pop-up-ads-from-Apple-Mac-OS-X, http://pcthreatskiller.com/how-to-remove-ssp-zryydi-com-completely/
Couldn't find any of the files mentioned in this post also.

I have MBA (13", early 2015 model), macOS Sierra v10.12

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Several of those files are in a Library folder that is inside your user folder. This Library folder is hidden by default in recent versions of OS X. To be honest there arte lots of steps where a mistake causing additional problems.

Many of our members use Malwarebytes on their Macs with no issues. It does not seem to litter the hard drive with files so you could, in their, run it then remove it. I have it on my system but don't have to run it often. The fact that it is not in the App Store does not necessarily mean something is wrong. Apple does not permit some types of apps in the app store and some developers choose not to be part of the App Store because of such things as the fees that Apple charges or some of the other restoration in place.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
For Safari, make sure you have exited out of it. Then, hold "shift" when you click to open Safari. You may want to uninstall Chrome temporarily before doing this.

I also believe Malwarebytes would be helpful with your issue, but, if your not going to try it, you may not be able to resolve this issue. It is very much recommended and trusted here on Mac-Forums.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
A warm welcome to Mac-Forums, j229.

May I just endorse Member Ferrari's recommendation of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware app. For more years than I care to remember, this app, (and its antecedent, Adware Medic), have been used by hundreds of members.

Use of this app, which is manually applied (it does not run in the background), may be your only chance of ridding yourself of this annoying malware.

Ian

M

MacInWin

And may I suggest Ghostery to prevent this annoy-ware from coming back? Neither of these are in the Apple store, as you have noted, but all of them are great products and work well. Just be sure to get them from the developer websites:

www.ghostery.com for ghostery
www.malwarebytes.com for malwarebytes application

Reaction score
I am facing the same problem. Not able to solve it. please guide.

I am facing the same problem. Not able to solve it. please guide.
Has anyone answer for this?

Chrome and Safari browser randomly opens this tab -*ssp.zryydi.com*which redirects to some or the other ad.

It is really annoying and there is no way I could find to get rid of it. I don't want to install malwarebytes and other such apps suggested in many posts because they are not available on App Store.

I tried some other solutions also like removing some plist files and folders from these posts -*http://www.securemacos.com/single-post/2016/11/01/Remove-sspzryydicom-pop-up-ads-from-Apple-Mac-OS-X, http://pcthreatskiller.com/how-to-remove-ssp-zryydi-com-completely/
Couldn't find any of the files mentioned in this post also.

I have MBA (13", early 2015 model), macOS Sierra v10.12

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.