• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Recognition at last !!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2010 MBP 13, 8 gig mem, 2 int disks 500gig SSD, 1Tb SSHD . 2010 iMac, 8 gig, 2 Tb SSHD. iMac M1
At last I have been given the big cash/dollar dollop I deserve!!

"Our Ref: US/TRS/7184/ATCP

COMMITTEE ON FOREIGN PAYMENT RESOLUTION PANEL ON WITHHELD PAYMENTS

We have taken time to review unsuccessful transactions with most international inheritance/contract insurance companies and other foreign banks especially in Africa, Asia and the United Kingdom. We wish to let you know that we have communicated with most of these foreign banking institutions withholding most international payments to individuals and companies so as to find out why these funds were withheld, the source of the funds and a final solution to these problems.

Conclusively, we discovered that most withheld and unpaid funds originating from lottery organizations, international trading, company's awarded contract funds and deceased persons were not properly filed for international funds payment to its intended beneficiary.

As such, transfer suspension was placed on these funds because majority of these international funds remittance/transfer were not properly recorded by the paying institution for future file reference/assessment by the International Monetary Fund and the Financial Services Authority.

In joint alliance with the Financial Services Authority to resolve this issue, we wish to let you know that we have been approved to assist you in receiving your awarded funds, the total sum of Seven Million, Five Hundred Thousand United States Dollars ($7,500,000.00 USD). We have gone through the security manifest booklet of all international outstanding transactions and our extensive investigation confirmed that you are the beneficiary of this fund through the assistance of the International Criminal Police Organization (ICPO) to investigate and release suspended withheld funds to its beneficiaries account abroad, we were able to gain an Approval Authorization Letter from the International Monetary Fund (IMF) which stated that your funds will be paid to you on proper confirmation of its claim.

We wish to inform you once again that there is an existing arrangement with United Nations Federal Credit Union (UNFCU) in New York to process and pay you the outstanding sum of $7,500,000.00 USD as soon as you provide the complete requirements needed for them to process your fund payment case. This was resolved in a meeting held between the International Financial Auditors in Europe and our American representatives.

Pedro Guazo
Director, UNFCU
Click on reply to contact and email him.

Contact him with below details.
- A scanned copy of your ID or driver’s license:
- Your direct mobile telephone number:
- Your present home address in the case of documents delivery:

Your nominated Bank Account information shall be requested for transfer of your funds after confirmation of your funds claims file by the processing officer.

By the virtue of the provision of the law which confer on us powers to advocate, adjudicate, suspend and authorize an immediate transfer of funds internationally, we hereby state emphatically and without prejudice that should there be any information that may succeed your application for unclaimed awarded funds release that are currently deposited in most foreign banks in Europe, Asia and in Africa, please do not hesitate to provide the information so that we can help you in receiving your funds.

Also note that failure to properly apply for the funds payment will nullify your chances of receiving your unclaimed funds and funds will be diverted into the government treasury.

Regards,
Steven Mnuchin
Secretary, U.S. Department of the Treasury.

I wonder if they really think that I cycled up the River Severn on a bike? I'm just glad that it's gone in a virtual bin otherwise the planet would be overflowing? The familiar name for Richard and the thing on yer shoulders comes to mind in the plural!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
Sadly there are those who will fall for this and contact good old Pedro. Can we say identity theft?

Lisa

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
I thought good old Steve would be too busy with the new wife to help good old Pedro the Peddler out!

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Hey John

I got one of them. Well, it wasn't from the US; it was from Nigeria. And it was really exciting. All I have to do to get the dosh, is send over a measly thousand pounds to cover transfer expenses - and Bingo! I'm rich.

I'll buy all the Forum members a pint when I get it.

Ian

OP
Jonzjob
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2010 MBP 13, 8 gig mem, 2 int disks 500gig SSD, 1Tb SSHD . 2010 iMac, 8 gig, 2 Tb SSHD. iMac M1
Make sure to make mine a pint of Ricard please?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Retina mid 2015 15.4" 16GB 2.5 GHz OS Monterey; iPhone 12 128gb; iPad Mini 5, 64gb
All I get is a TalkTalk imposter saying there's trouble with me paying my £27 a month broadband bill. It was slightly credible because I recently had to renew all my bank/credit cards because my purse was stolen on holiday.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I get "Robocalls" all the time on our phones. If it is not someone offering to help me with my high credit card balance (which is currently at zero) or telling me the IRS has issued an arrest warrant and I must call them back now.....at a number that has been disconnected (I have to try to call them back - a strange sense of humor ;) ) - the whole thing is never ending.

I had a period of time where I was not getting the emails saying I could make millions if I only send money and turn over a lot of personal information.... but now they are back.

One of the people at work had a pop up on their screen yesterday saying it was a warning from Microsoft that a virus was on their computer and to call the number below. I have trained them well enough now they know to not call the number and to contact me... but even that took some repeating to hammer home.

Lisa

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
It's a very old scam. Hopefully after 10+ years of seeing these scams experienced folks know not to fall for it. But I guess there are always newer folks entering "cyber-space" that may not know better & fall for it.:(

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
I seriously doubt it Nick. Just this week I had the old, old, old 'I am from Windows Technical Services scam. From memory this started about the time of Windows NT.

OP
Jonzjob
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I find that one really interesting and I usually follow all their requests and push all the buttons, for about 20 minutes that is and then tell them I can't see the window/page/instruction, so they ask if I'm on Windoze 10, no, Windoze 8, no, ok what windoze have I got and I say that I'm not sure? All I can see is something like OS X 10.something?

I don't think that they have a very good sense of humour though?? :Mischievous::Mischievous:

Just as a matter of interest, during that lot I don't press anything! Only their button :Mischievous::Mischievous:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
I get "Robocalls" all the time on our phones

If you have any Panasonic cordless phone similar to ours, they are very easy to setup to block any such scamming/soliciting number you get.

I'm sure other brands must have something similar system and it's sure a lot easier than the phone company's method we had to use before with a bunch of code numbers one had to enter.

Menu > Caller List >scroll/select >Save > Call block > Select > Block number > Yes

Yes, the Caller ID Service will be required for it to work.

- Patrick
======

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If you have any Panasonic cordless phone similar to ours, they are very easy to setup to block any such scamming/soliciting number you get.

I'm sure other brands must have something similar system and it's sure a lot easier than the phone company's method we had to use before with a bunch of code numbers one had to enter.

Menu > Caller List >scroll/select >Save > Call block > Select > Block number > Yes

Yes, the Caller ID Service will be required for it to work.

- Patrick
======

Oh, I block them. The problem is they rotate their numbers. My husband got two calls on his cell phone today from the "IRS" who had issued an arrest warrant and to call back only the number is no longer working. He likes to mess with them so I actually think he is disappointed!

I almost hung up on a legitimate call from a vendor I had ordered a custom cable from. He just wanted to clarify my order but, since it was from an unknown out of state number I assumed it was a robocall. Thankfully I took the call.

Lisa

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
I don't think that they have a very good sense of humour though??

Just as a matter of interest, during that lot I don't press anything! Only their button

My records for for keeping them (the MS Windows techs with Asian accents) on line for "all my virus spreading problems I was creating" while I just carried on using my Mac was just short of 1/2 hour.

Man his foul language when I finally said my Mac doesn't do Windows and I couldn't find the keys he wanted me to press, would have made the foulest mouthed sergeant major blush big time. But believe it or not, I'm sure it was the same guy that called again a few days later.

I was only able to keep him on-line for about 12+ minutes that time. They really don't like that!!! :Evil: :Evil:

- Patrick
======

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Retina mid 2015 15.4" 16GB 2.5 GHz OS Monterey; iPhone 12 128gb; iPad Mini 5, 64gb
I've switched off my landline because of spam calls and, as yet, don't attract many on mobile. Love it when a UK numbers rings me when I'm abroad.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.