Printing PDFs in different page order

Reaction score
I want to create an A5 booklet from a 2-up, double-sided A4 PDF. The page sequence would be 1,3,2,4. If I start off with an ordinary A4 page PDF this seems possible via the second 'layout direction' icon you see when you select 2 sheets to a page in the print dialog, but it doesn't change the page order at all. Some of the others do. Any ideas?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Have you tried searching on your wish??

Try this:
https://www.google.ca/search?client...&oe=UTF-8&gfe_rd=cr&ei=6lhQWdPYG_Pe8AekoLGIBQ

Some of the hits should have what you want, and hopefully with illustrations.

I used to have a link to a page that gave directions for page setup and printing including gutter width etc. but it was for System 8 or 9 I believe, Something similar should still be available.

- Patrick
======

Last edited:
OP
R
Reaction score
Yeah - its just that my print dialog system is not behaving as expected - iMac or Air - which is really odd.

Have you tried searching on your wish??

Try this:
https://www.google.ca/search?client...&oe=UTF-8&gfe_rd=cr&ei=6lhQWdPYG_Pe8AekoLGIBQ

Some of the hits should have what you want, and hopefully with illustrations.

I used to have a link to a page that gave directions for page setup and printing including gutter width etc. but it was for System 8 or 9 I believe, Something similar should still be available.

- Patrick
======

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2021 iMac 24" M1 512/16/8/8 Sonoma. 2013 iMac 20.5" 3.1 i7 16GB Catalina. iPhone 13
Maybe I'm over simplifying things and have completely misunderstood your problem BUT if I want to print PDFs in a different page order I open the file in Preview, open thumbnails, and drag the pages in the sidebar to the order I want them in and then print them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2021 iMac 24" M1 512/16/8/8 Sonoma. 2013 iMac 20.5" 3.1 i7 16GB Catalina. iPhone 13
Reaction score
If you start like you have been doing by Selecting "Layout" with 2 pages per sheet, then change from "Layout" to "Paper Handling" you can choose Pages to print from All pages to Odd Only or Even Only. Screen Shot Print Pages.jpg

Reaction score
There is "Create Booklet" built in on a Mac, but it may not do 2 up on a page. Booklet.jpg

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.