Bento 4 question - unable to add new record

Reaction score
hello All - Hope someone on this forum can help me. I have been using Bento 4 for a small business entering customers details and using appointments to keep track of regular visits and the outcome. Recently however, when I try to enter a new piece of information for a specific customer in the appointments view the record disappears when I press enter and is not saved. I know this is linked to the iCalendar events as the source. I am using the database whilst not connected to the internet but standalone so not sure if there is some synchronisation problem. I am not familiar with the setup or configuration and just enter data so I am probably missing something very simple. can anyone point me in the right direction. I know that Bento is not supported anymore by file maker but need to continue until I can find an alternative solution and migrate my data.

Someone mentioned it may be the calendar that is being used. So the record does not disappear it is being stored somewhere else. Not sure. Any help would be gratefully received.

Thanks Graham

Last edited:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.