Sharing Calendar between two people via TV's in offices, one in UK and one in America

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Model Name: MacBook Pro Model Identifier: MacBookPro12,1 Processor Name: Intel Core i5 Process
Help...

We have seen this done and we want to know how to do it...

I have an office in the UK, running a mackbook Pro.... My colleague has an office in Florida running another mac... (not sure exactly which one)..
In our offices we both want a telly on the wall, sharing a live calendar, a calendar that three of us share... We have a couple of Apple TV's that we could use if we need to?

I am pretty clueless at the moment as to how this works.....

HELP..... :)

Many thanks in advance...

Craig

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I think the following would work and it won't cost you anything to find out since it uses gear that you have already.

1. Set up one iCloud account / use an existing one.
2. Create a calendar that you want to share and add some events.
3. Now open the Calendar program on your Mac and select that calendar.
4. You should now be able to use AirPlay and slide the Calendar program over until it appears on the TV.

This requires all people involved have the login information for that iCloud account if they need to make changes to the account. If that's not possible for whatever reason one person could publish the calendar for others to subscribe to but I don't think everyone could dit it.

Perhaps the brain trust will come up with other ideas.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Model Name: MacBook Pro Model Identifier: MacBookPro12,1 Processor Name: Intel Core i5 Process
Cycling through the Calendar Months

Hi there,

I am looking to put a large TV monitor on the wall in my office, on this i want "Calendar" (or another app????) to cycle through the months like a slideshow? ? ?

I have seen it done, cannot remember if it was Mac Calendar or another app, but there will be three of us from various parts of the world all logged into the same calendar so we can easily share information....

Help...... Thanks for your help in advance....

Craig

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Thread moved to better area. Question appears to be a calendar "app" question...not a desktop computer question (hardware).

Thanks,

- Nick

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Fair point... Thanks

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks Nic, much appreciated... I Will have a look.... :)

Reaction score
One person/location can create the calendar. You can then set the calendar up to be shared by others, giving them view as well as edit capabilities. I believe the others will need iCloud accounts.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
One person/location can create the calendar. You can then set the calendar up to be shared by others, giving them view as well as edit capabilities. I believe the others will need iCloud accounts.
Thanks for confirming that folks with shared access to the calendar could edit it. I was not sure of that when I tried to answer this.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Threads merged. Please...not necessary to crosspost questions. It can be VERY confusing to have multiple conversations for the same question ongoing in two or more areas of the forums.

Thanks,

- Nick

Reaction score
I am looking to put a large TV monitor on the wall in my office, on this i want "Calendar" (or another app????) to cycle through the months like a slideshow? ? ?
It may be possible to cycle the Mac Calendar app through months with an Applescript.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
@craigjsmith1 Oops :Oops: orry, somehow I missed that bit about cycling through the calendar like a slideshow. What I suggested doesn't quite work for that. I'll have to think a bit more on that.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.