Movie download button now on OSX iTunes

Reaction score
I spend weekends at my small farm. It doesn't have high-speed Internet yet. So I usually download movies while I'm at my primary home and then AirPlay them to a flatscreen TV at the farm (via AppleTV). In the past, this was always a pain with OSX iTunes. (It was easier on my iPad, but HD movies often won't fit.) I don't know when Apple made the change, but it must be fairly recently. Now, when you rent a movie there's two buttons to choose from: Play and Download. Typical of Apple, the download status icon doesn't immediately show up as it does on the iPad -- you have to click the progress icon/button that appears on the far right of the iTunes title/control bar. Took way too long for Apple to add this simple but valuable feature.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
A warm welcome to Mac-Forums, TCapen.

How may we help you? I'm not sure I see a question in your post.

Ian

OP
T
Reaction score
Was just info. This is Tracey Capen, former Mac-Forum newsletter publisher and Windows Secrets editor. I'm not new; just had to resubscribe after leaving Penton.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Okay, Tracy. Didn't know. Your secret is safe with me:Mischievous:

Ian

BTW You're still welcome��

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.