Duplicate entries in Calendar

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 1TB SSD (2019; OS Ventura 13.5.2), 3 GHz, 8GB; 1TB; Glyph Studio 1TB ext;
Having downloaded into Calendar all the coming season's football ('soccer') fixtures, an amazingly useful thing, somehow I've managed to get duplicates throughout. I can't see how to delete one set (maybe thirty or so entries all year). I think its a question of unsubscribing and somehow I've subscribed twice. But I just can't see how to unsubscribe one of them ? Any help appreciated. This must be a common problem.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Moved here to the proper forum. Not a topic for our lounge.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
This must be a common problem

I'd call that an understatement and you'll probably have to use the Calander itself manually or find a utility to sort out the duplicates.

- Patrick
======

M

MacInWin

To unsubscribe, right click on the calendar in question on the sidebar, then click "Unsubscribe" and it's gone. If the sidebar isn't showing, click on the "Calendars" box on the top bar of the calendar window to make it appear.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Retina mid 2015 15.4" 16GB 2.5 GHz OS Monterey; iPhone 12 128gb; iPad Mini 5, 64gb
Is it possible to have used more than one calendar to import the dates? Sometimes you get a choice, like this. Have a look at your calendar options, as Jakes uggests, and see if more than one is listed.
Screen Shot 2017-06-22 at 15.09.00.png

OP
davowolf
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 1TB SSD (2019; OS Ventura 13.5.2), 3 GHz, 8GB; 1TB; Glyph Studio 1TB ext;
Sorted by a modification of Jake's advice. It needed a 'View' to show calendar list and like a miracle all the subs are shown and with a right click on the name of the subscription (in this case 'Wolves2') the unsubscribe was listed and clicked.
Thanks for the help y'all and yes a thumbs up for Jake for sure.....

Last edited:

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Hey, davowolf, give Jake a "Thumbs Up". Acknowledge his help.

Ian

M

MacInWin

Glad that worked. I have the sidebar showing all the time, so that step I didn't need. But I'm happy you got it sorted!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.