Epson Scan with two scanner sources

Reaction score
Hi

I have been using my Epson XP-850 for both scanning and printing from my Mac. Recently I bought an Epson Perfection V600 Photo to scan my 35mm slides and negatives. So far so good. Only problem is that Epson Scan now only detects the V600. I like actually scanning documents using the XP-850 but cannot find out how you switch source scanner in the Epson Scan program.

Can anyone help?

many thanks

John

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Go into Applications and make sure the Epson Scan and Epson Scan Settings software are are installed under Epson Software.

Then simply use as per normal. For example, Scanning by wifi use the 'home' selection arrows until Scan comes up, then choose .pdf or whatever you prefer. Epson software should update automatically via Epson Software Updater which is also in the package. This was last updated June 17.

OP
P
Reaction score
Im sorry harry but that is not what I was asking about. If the usb connected v600 is turned on as well as the wifi connected XP-850 Epson Scan can only see the V600. There seems no way to toggle between the two scanners sources. I looked at the Scan Settings and you can see both scanners listed although to bring the second up you have to close and reopen settings. However it makes no difference. Epson Scan refuses to see the XP-850. It is very frustrating. Surely you can use two different scanners with this software ????

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I don't have the Epson Software to test this but what happens if you turn of the scanner you don't want to use then open the software?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
I would think they have independent software. The XP would have nothing in the way of common software with the V600.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I agree with Harry. Unless you purchase separate software (VueScan for example) that can recognize both devices, you likely need separate scanning software for both scanners.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.