Beta restore

Reaction score
I have an iPad Air 2 that was reset to factory defaults. It is currently on iOS 10.3.2. Before it was reset, I was on 10.3.3 beta. All of my iCloud backups are 10.3.3, and so I'm am unable to restore my iPad. It says my backups require 10.3.3. But my iPad says it's up to date on 10.3.2. If I reenroll it in the beta I can get 10.3.3 but then I don't know how to restore the backups. Any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
If I reenroll it in the beta I can get 10.3.3 but then I don't know how to restore the backups. Any ideas?

I'm a bit confused and wouldn't you just do and use what you were using and doing when your got the " backups require 10.3.3" message with the 10.3.3 installed???

PS: I thought all Apple OS beta installs have several warnings about what might happen if one is to install and use any beta OS.

- Patrick
======

OP
J
Reaction score
I understood the warnings, this beta has been working great. I did not expect my iPad to be accidentally reset by a friend. Let me explain the trauma that I'm going through with more detail. When I found out my iPad has been reset I went through the set up instructions, and when I got to the page that said restore with iCloud back up, they were all greyed out. They said iOS 10.3.3 required. As it would not let me go any further, I backed up a step, and selected set up as new iPad. After doing that, I went into settings and found out that my iPad is on iOS 10.3.2. So I went to the Apple beta website, and re-enrolled my device, installed the beta profile, and from there I do not know how to get back to the place where I can restore from iCloud backup. I tried a suggestion where you use "find my iPhone" to wipe the iPad, but that also wipes out the beta profile and beta software. Any ideas how to proceed?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I don't really know and I assume you have some new data added when using the beta that you want to recover.

I guess I'd be inclined to check out some of the sites explaining how to get from a beta back to a normal OS. AND to include any new added data.

I'd also be inclined to give both iMazing and iExplorer a try and see it either of them could recover what I understand is your newer 10.3.3 backup data you want to use with your existing 10.3.2.

You can find them here:
https://imazing.com/?gclid=Cj0KEQjw...esFvwq6LQQcdQ9jZKUDsM_3xal3qdLSA8IaAixB8P8HAQ
https://macroplant.com/iexplorer

- Patrick
======

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
When you got back on the beta (10.3.3) did you then try to see if you could restore from iCloud? If the restore would not respond, I suspect your backup is gone forever since you setup your Air 2 as a new iPad.

The mistake you made was not backing it up to your Mac or PC prior to downloading and installing the beta. In other words making a backup of 10.3.2 before installing the beta. As a last resort, try signing in to iCloud and see if your backups are still there.

OP
J
Reaction score
Can I restore via iCloud OTA, once I'm on 10.3.3, if so how? And yes my backups are still there. And my iPad was set to backup every night when connected to wifi and power. I've been on the beta program ever since iOS ten first came out with the public beta. So ever time the next beta was released I went ahead and updated. And before I started the beta program I made sure I had backed up the latest iOS I had at the time which I think was 9.3.3. But I don't see that backup anywhere. Just the last 4 that were automatically done when I was plugged in. I don't have access to pc/Mac at this time or I would try to restore that way. I don't if this'll help you help me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm just wondering what recent user data it is you need and maybe there's an easier way to recover it rather than trying to do any restore, and that doesn't seem to be working????

Just a thought… :|

- Patrick
======

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.