Recommendations for macbook battery

Reaction score
I have an early 2011 13'' macbook pro unibody and a Newer tech nupower batter I bought in November 2014. The design capacity is 58.8% and the trackpad has become a bit stiff. I suspect the battery has swollen.
What brand of battery would you recommend? Are eBay and amazon reliable places to buy mac batteries (I bought this battery from owc)?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If you suspect the battery has swollen, then you should immediately remove it before it does any further damage to the trackpad or even the keyboard. As for purchasing another battery for a machine that old.. Amazon, eBay, are OK. The batteries you see on eBay for the most part are cheaper knock offs but as long as they work and give you 3 or 4 hours of battery time, should be OK to buy.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.