Lost the iTunes icon from my iphone SE

Reaction score
I tried all the suggested remedies short of restoring from a previous backup, but to no avail.

I don't want to restore from a (4-month-old) backup because I will lose a lot of recent "Contacts" info.

Is there any way to get iTunes back without losing anything else? (I have the "iTunes Store" icon but not the "iTunes".)

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I suspect that the app has become hidden rather than completely deleted. Apple introduced the ability to hide their apps in IOS 10 and it can cause some confusion. These directions should help solve the problem. They show several ways depending upon whether you use the Mac, iPad, or iPhone to restore.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Do you mean you've lost the iTunes icon or the iTunes Store icon?

And apart from what Slydude posted, I didn't think either one could be "removed".

- Patrick
======

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Patrick is correct. There is no such icon as "iTunes" for iOS. There is an icon for the "iTunes Store" and there is an icon for the "App Store". Both can be hidden as Slydude has indicated. They can not be permanently deleted. Follow Slydude's directions to get the icon back on your SE.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
I tried all the suggested remedies short of restoring from a previous backup, but to no avail.

I don't want to restore from a (4-month-old) backup because I will lose a lot of recent "Contacts" info.

Is there any way to get iTunes back without losing anything else? (I have the "iTunes Store" icon but not the "iTunes".)

Hello - there seems to be some confusion, i.e. there is no 'iTunes' icon like in macOS - screen capture from my iPad below (on iOS 10.x) - circled are the 'App Store', 'iTunes Store', & 'Music' - both the latter two can be removed; so, my question is are you talking about the 'Music' app? More information HERE. Dave :)

IMG_8717.png

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
@Dave:

Not to change the subject (but I will).... are you using that VPN all the time or only when you're out and about? I downloaded and installed the free "Tunnel Bear" VPN but do not use it from home. It has a "connect - disconnect" option. But I was wondering if you notice any slowdowns when using it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
@Dave:

Not to change the subject (but I will).... are you using that VPN all the time or only when you're out and about? I downloaded and installed the free "Tunnel Bear" VPN but do not use it from home. It has a "connect - disconnect" option. But I was wondering if you notice any slowdowns when using it?

Hi Chscag - I've used the VPN mainly 'on the road' when we are on public hotel Wi-Fi networks - on my iPad & MBAir - should add to wife's iDevices (my laziness, I guess) - occasionally, seems to 'disconnect' and not too often does slow down a web connection or does not let me respond which is solved when I disconnect - overall, seems to usually be 'transparent' but I really need to learn more about the app. Dave :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.