New Malware for Mac

OP
lclev
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
Thanks for the information. The co-worker had no idea how it was supposed to work. He thought he had to download and install a driver for the USB card dongle but Windows 10 just installed it using it's drivers. We have it working but it is annoying to have to keep click advanced and telling Chrome to access the site even though it reads it as unencrypted. You would think the site would have encryption too.

Lisa

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 13 v11.1, i5 2.4 GHz, 256 GBs SSD, 8 GBs DDRs
Chrome, like any other browsers, is looking for SSL connection in this case that's not there. Should there be? I don't know, one is six and the other is half a dozen in this case. As long as the connection is encrypted by other means, in this case via PKI, it should be just fine. SSL connections have the man-in-the-middle attack that is mitigated by the PKI secured connection. In addition, PKI provides positive ID for the end user that is easier to log, or rather evaluate, than the SSL connection.

The access to the public and private keys on the card must be secured pretty good. Otherwise, one could swipe both of them and steal them, together with the PIN, via the man-in-the-browser attack. I am pretty certain that they are locked down, but I didn't look in to the inner working of the CAC, or Common Access Card...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.