Burning photo albums to cd

Reaction score
Running iMac with Sierra 10.12.5 - 8 gb DDR3, 1.4 GHz Intel Core i5

Have extensive photos organized into albums. Would like to copy a number of albums onto a CD or USB Drive for ease of archival.
Have been unable to copy or drag albums into a burn folder or to a USB Drive. Have also been unable to move a number of albums
to a new group folder. Have followed all the instructions in the Finder Help Files. Unfortunately, they don't work (Unless there is something
that they left out, thinking that I should know about it).

Any suggestions?

Charlie2185

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
@Charlie

You can't burn an "Album", but you can create a CD or DVD of the contents of that Album.

Select the photos within the Album, then File > Export > Create Folder > Desktop.

Once you have the photos in your Folder on the Desktop, you will need a CD/DVD burner/player. I'm assuming you don't have an optical drive on your iMac, unless it is very old.

The article below is for iPhoto, but the technique described works for Photos.

https://support.apple.com/kb/PH15208?locale=en_GB

Please post back if more detail is required.

Ian

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.